Lovely letter from our MP @JamesFrith delighted that we raised money for Papyrus - preventing young suicide - at our Charity pub quiz.
Do you know where your pension is?
- Over the past few weeks, there have been several programs and articles highlighting the fact that people do not know where their pensions are.
Have you thought about yours?
If you need to trace your pension, there is a pension tracing service available, just click here
Ask yourself a couple of questions.
- Where is it?
- What’s happening with it?
You might think your pension is safe where it is, but the truth is pensions do go missing and it’s important to look after yours so you can ensure a comfortable and happy haven when you or your partner graduate from work.
Recently cases have come to light where people are tracing their pensions and it is taking them years, not minutes (as it should), to track them down, then to only find that it is a lot less than they expected.
At Northern Star our focus is our clients and we always keep our clients up to date on their pension which includes holding regular review meetings so they know where their money is, what is happening with it and what changes we can make to it make it work for you.
A couple of pointers from us:
- Know where your pension is
- Keep a record of how much you put into your pension pot
- If you have a change of personal circumstances, i.e. a change of name or address tell your pensions company!
- Employ a professional company, like us, to look after you